- 1 1/2 cut all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening (8 TBSPNS)
- 1 TBSPN honey
- 2 TBSPN yogurt/milk/cream
- 1 egg
*plus one beaten egg to brush
Mix egg into shortening, honey and egg. Add yogurt and mix. Add salt, then add flour. Mix together into a ball. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to half an hour.
Half the dough and roll out on parchment. Place on cooking sheet or, if you want to be neater, a pie tin. Then roll out to about the size of a pie tin. Place in pie tin, then brush with beaten egg. Now put in filling. Fold over and brush with beaten egg. Trim the parchment paper.
Place in oven at 350.
- 1 1/2 cup cherries pitted and halved or 1 and 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 TBSPN citrus fruit juice (lemon, grapefruit or orange, unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup instant tapioca pearls
- 1/2 cup honey
Both fillings were about 1 1/2 cups of fruit with 1 TBSPN of citrus fruit juice and 1/4 cup of tapioca and 1/2 cup of honey. Mix in a pot and then let set for 15-20 minutes. Then simmer and bring to a boil while mixing so nothing burns at the bottom. Let cool.
For the scone recipe, go here.