- 10 ounces sliced Crimini mushrooms
- 10 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 6 ounces portobello mushrooms (two pack)
- minced garlic to taste
- white pepper
- 1/4 cup tapioca
- 5 TBSNS grated Parmesan cheese
- Half of a rustic tart shell recipe, prepared and refrigerated.
- 1 beaten egg
Rinse the mushrooms. Dice. Put in a heavy pot at a low temperature and simmer to reduce. Stir constantly so nothing burns. The mushrooms should reduce to 1/3 of their volume. Try to evaporate as much liquid as possible. Then add garlic, white pepper and cheese to taste. Set aside to cool.
Roll out tart shell on waxed paper. Put in pie tin. Brush with egg. Add mushroom mixture which should have cooled and thickened. Turn up edges. Brush with egg on turned up edges.
Place in preheated oven (350) and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.